Anthill, and its subsidiaries, are bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Commonwealth Privacy Act (Australia), except for its activities carried on in the course of journalism. Anthill is exempt from complying with the Privacy Act in relation to its journalism activities.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, please contact: E-mail: email@example.com.
What information do we collect?
Anthill and its subsidiaries collect personal information from a variety of sources, including from members of the public, advertisers, prospective employees, mailing lists, recruitment agencies, contractors and business partners.
In general, the personal information Anthill collects includes (but is not limited to) name, email address, postal address, contact details, gender, occupation, web-address, in some cases membership of professional associations and, where relevant, financial information, including credit card information, banking details and income information.
Personal Information you provide: We store the personal information you enter on websites, live events or give to Anthill and its subsidiaries in other ways. We obtain most personal information through subscription registration processes, giveaways, updates to subscription details and award programs and competitions.
You may provide information when you request or acquire a product or service from Anthill or its related companies, provide a product or service to Anthill, complete a survey or questionnaire, enter a competition, participate in forums or when you communicate with Anthill by e-mail, telephone or in writing (for example if you contact customer service or provide feedback).
Automatic collection (Cookies): We use a feature of your browser called a cookie to assign your computer a ‘User ID’. Cookies do not contain information by which Anthill can identify you. They identify your computer to our servers. You may configure your browser so that you are notified before a cookie is downloaded or so that your browser does not accept cookies.
Anthill may use information contained in cookies to make assumptions about the user of the computer and to provide users of that computer with focused advertising which Anthill believes may be of interest, based on that information. To disable your cookies, please refer to the help menu within your Internet browser.
Indirect collection: Anthill endeavours to collect personal information about an individual only from that individual. In some circumstances Anthill may obtain personal information from a third party, such a social media platform. If you provide personal information about another person to Anthill, Anthill requires that you inform that person you have done so and provide them with a copy of this policy.
How is our registration data used?
Anthill offers optional services that require registration. Anthill provides some of those services directly; others may be provided on behalf of vendor companies or by Anthill partners. Customer contact information that is collected on behalf of Anthill is used to send relevant information about our company and promotional material from some of our partners. This information is sent only to users who have chosen to receive it and is delivered by Anthill.
No third party is allowed direct access to the information held by Anthill, unless you register to receive third party content (as is sometimes the case with award programs). In addition, users may opt out of receiving future mailings. (See the Opt Out section below). For example, if a customer requests to be notified when information on a selected topic becomes available, Anthill will be the provider of the information on behalf of the third party. These services are clearly labelled as third party communications. Customers always have the option to discontinue services.
Submitting Editorial, Entering Competitions and Awards
The following Terms & Conditions relate to the submission of editorial for the purposes of possible future publication (including letters to the editor) and the submission of applications and entries for the purposes of participation in awards programs and competitions. The term ‘entry’ is used to refer to both editorial submissions and award applications or competitions.
- All entries submitted to Ant Hill Enterprises Pty Ltd (Anthill), and its subsidiaries, including ideas, concepts and suggestions, must be properly protected by the person(s) or organisation(s) submitting the entry. Anthill cannot be held responsible for any copyright or patent infringements or breaches, losses or damages (financial or otherwise) that arise from the submission of an entry.
- By submitting your entry you consent to being contacted by Anthill or a representative of Anthill to answer any relevant questions needed to establish clarity, or garner further information.
- By submitting an entry you agree to Anthill publishing your entry in full or in part.
- By submitting your entry you agree to it being edited by Anthill for publication, for reasons of space and/or clarity.
- No payment will be made for the submission and subsequent publication by Anthill of an entry.
- There is no guarantee that an entry will be published.
- You warrant that the entry material presented is true and accurate and you own original work and not copied in whole or in part from any other person living or dead and that to the best of your knowledge and belief it does not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party.
- You confirm that the details you have provided in the entry are correct.
- Anthill will not accept responsibility for late, lost, damaged or misdirected entries.
- Entries become the property of Anthill. By submitting your entry to Anthill you grant Anthill a worldwide licence to use your entry in whole or in part for publication in Anthill Magazine and associated media, owned or controlled by Anthill, such as websites, or through the publication of books and ebooks.
- This licence granted by you does not preclude you from publishing your entry elsewhere.
- Anthill retains sole discretion to publish the entry in print media, website, and elsewhere in the media.
- You consent to Anthill using your entry for promoting Anthill products and services without attributing to you the authorship of the entry, without you inspecting or approving the entry.
- The content of the entry is protected by Australian and international copyright laws. All rights are reserved by Anthill.
- You must not submit an entry, which is unlawful, threatening, defamatory, invasive of privacy, obscene, or otherwise objectionable.
- Anthill will review the entry, and reserves the right to reject any entries submitted.
- By submitting your entry you agree to release Anthill from any losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind arising from the initiative or Anthill’s use and reproduction of your entry.